to convert a Flash file to an AVI or GIF file with SWF2AVI
First download SWF2AVI
and create a Flash animation in Mix-FX.
Sometimes Mix-FX users
want to import a Flash animation created with Mix-FX into their video
editing software, or they don't like to use the Flash loadmovie action
to import the Mix-FX animation into Flash or Swish. A small Freeware
utility called SWF2AVI converts SWF files into AVI, or convert SWF files
into a sequence Gif or BMP files. Both methods will be useful to you
when you struggle to get the SWF files into a vector based software or
in your video editing software.
When you save the animation set the Set the FPS to 30
1. Install and open
Since Mix-FX Files are scriptbased you must first
create a container for the movie, by going to "Extras/Auto Wrap
Movie"3. Select the SWF file you created with Mix-FX
4. Set the number of frames to 60 - (Note this may differ per animation)
5. Now goto File/Open and select the file "swf2avi-conainer.swf".
6. Click on "OK"
start the process.
7. When done, a message appears informing you that all the 60 frames have
Now you have created a sequence of 60 BMP or 60 GIF files. You can import
these files into Flash or into your video editing software to manipulate
them further. You can also covert these files to an AVI with SWF2AVI.
To create an AVI please do the following:
8. Go to "Extras/Convert picture sequence to AVI".
9. Click on "add image"s - (note that you must create
a sequence of BMP files to convert them into an AVI)
10. Select the first and last image of the created sequence
11. Click on "Write AVI"
12. Select the desired compression method.
13. "Save" the AVI File
To import the created BMP files into Flash you must do the following
14. Open Flash
15. Select file import
16. Select the first graphic (frame) of the sequence of pictures and click
When you take a look at the timeline you will see a sequence of pictures.
From here you can combine and merge the animations with your own flash
projects and save them as SWF. Note that when you use a small siede animation
you may eed to use a mask as somehow "SWF2AVI" doesn't
work well when you save the file with smaller dimensions then the default
300 x 600 dimensions.