Flash files into Cool Page Tutorial
Adding a custom Flash animation created with Mix-FX is a snap
in Cool page HTML editor. By following these simple steps, you will be
up and running in no time at all and impressing all of your visitors
with your talents!
1. Create an animation in Mix-FX
2. Go to Save/Publish for web, and save the file with the filename animation.
When you use publish for web in Mix-FX you will create 2 files,
namely the SWF file and the HTML file containing the SWf file. The HTML
file will include the proper HTML Flash tags. Make sure that you save
the animation files to the same directory that contains or will contain
In Cool Page HTML Editor, do the following.
3. Open Cool Page
4. Open or create a new the HTML page into which you want to insert the
5. Save the HTML file to your web site directory
6. Go to Insert/HTML Object
7. Make sure the HTML Tab is active. In the respective text field area
you must copy and paste the HTML code that you generated with Mix-FX
when you used the "publish for web" save option.
8. To do this Launch Notepad and open the just created animation.html
file. Now select the HTML code between the <object> </object>
tags. This is the code that you must copy and paste into the Cool Page
HTML Object Properties text field area.
9. To assign the SwF file you must click on Browse and select the created
10. Now you are done with the HTML settings. The next step is to set
the correct size of the SWF file.
11. To do this Click on the General Tab button.
11. Go to the width and height input fields and enter the same width
and height that you used in the HTML code that you just pasted into the
12. Click On OK
13. Finally save and preview your file. It's important that you save
the file first before you click on preview, or else you will see nothing.
There you have it, a nice simple way to add a little extra pizzazz to
your Flash presentation!